125g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate Sode
1 tsp Baking powder
3 Medium Ripe Bananas
62g Wholemeal Flour
1 Large Carrot Grated
125ml Vegetable Oil
125ml Non-Dairy Milk (Almond or Oat)
1/2 tsp Cardamom Masala
20g Chopped Walnuts
20g Chopped Dates
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Slab of Any Dark Chocolate
2 tbsp Coconut Milk
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C, gas mark 4.
- Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flours, cardamom masala, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and mix.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas and carrots, add the oil, milk, vinegar and combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and fold until combined. Add in the chopped dates and walnuts and mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the load tin and bake for 35 minutes until golden. Insert a knife to check if the cake is cooked. If it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- To make the frosting, melt the dark chocolate, add the coconut milk and syrup and spread over the cake. This cake is great served with custard or yoghurt.
Gopi's Nourshing Recipes